Tuesday, June 2, 2009

FISH!

To pass time while Anthony is deployed we have started an Aquarium. He is assisting in the setting up of everything. The kids both love sitting there watching the three fish we have swim around. Today we are going to get more of the Gold Barbs that we currently have in there. Its nice to have a "pet" that doesn't require for me to either clean a litter box or take outside 5 times a day. (don't get me wrong I love dogs, not so much cats and don't mind cleaning up after them lol) I don't mind changing the water. Well I didn't in the smaller tank but I'm sure that 8 gallons twice a week will seem like nothing in a few weeks. I'm lucky that my neighbor has already said she will take care of the tank for me when I'm in the states but I decided that I'm going to cut the trip down to no more then a month long so she isn't dealing with them on her own.
Anyways I'm very excited about this new adventure we have taken upon ourselves. I think it will be fun to see these fish "grow" and live for the next 1.75 years we have left here. And then I get to start ALL over when we go back to the states, which may be heartbreaking. If we get the duty station we want, and we probably will, I don't know where there is a good fish store. The one at the mall SUCKED and all my fish from there died within days of being bought. Could have been my inexperience on the fish subject or could have been that most of them had diseases.
I will update later today with picture of all of the fish intergrated together. I really can not wait to see this tank take off.






UPDATE:





These are just a few I was able to snap of the little men and women. :) We now have 6 Gold Barbs, 5 keilfleckbarbe (I cant find what they are called in the states but there is what they are called in Germany) and 2 bottom feeders(hubby has the receipt or I'd tell you exactly what kind of fish they are. No pics of them as they were hiding when I had the camera out)







One of the Keilfleckbarb. Isnt it a beauty?

3 of the 5 keilfleckbarbe



Our original 3 Gold Barbs. :) Still my favorite 3






After we set up the new tank the kids admired it. We have added more decorations now. I'll try and upload a pic of the full tank.



The full tank. I still want to get more "plants" but they will have to wait a few weeks. I really do love this set up though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment