Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Gettiner ready for deployment

My husbands second deployment is coming up on a quickly. Within the next few months he'll be gone more and more for training and then gone for a good 6-12 months. Last time was easy I was pregnant and had a baby 3 months after he left this time I have a 2.5-3 y/o and a 1 y/o. We were stationed stateside where I knew where everything was and could drive the 18 hours home if I would have wanted to, this time I'm in a whole different country where I know where some stuff is and cant go home on a whime.
Now dont get me wrong I'm not complaining about deployment at all. I knew what I was getting myself into when I married a soldier. I just hate having to be a single mom. I hate seeing my kids be without their Daddy and I know that Edward will constantly ask for him while he's gone. What do I say to a heartbroken 2 (well 2 or 3 y/o) when they ask when Daddy's coming home? You know thats going to be hard. But I respect and love my husbands courage. He is our Hero without a doubt. :)
I'm going to take this deployment as a chance to learn more about myself and my family. I'm going to take the time to go home to the states on a Military flight to save money. I'm going to work on being a better mother to Edward and Lilliana, a better wife to Anthony, a better daughter and sister to my family at home. and to be a better daughter/sister in law to Anthonys family. I'm going to work on my photography skills more and hopefully work on building up studio equipment for when we move home.

No comments:

Post a Comment